One of the things that we're proudest of here at Cloakist is that we allow customers to do things that they simply wouldn't be able to do if we didn't exist:
Add custom branding and features to pages they don't own, which they created with a third party platform.
What do we mean by that?
Millions of pages are out of our control
Every day, millions of public pages are created by people using platforms like Google Docs, Airtable, Notion, Trello and ClickUp.
That's insanely cool, but there's a catch: those pages are not fully in our control.
We can't change them, apart from using the tools that the platforms themselves give us. On vast numbers of pages, we can't:
- Customise branding
- Change social sharing link previews
- Add elements to the page, like a navigation bar or email sign up
- Put a password-protection layer on the page
- Add our own tracking and analytics
That's where Cloakist comes in
Using a state-of-the-art reverse proxy, Cloakist rehosts your page at your own domain (a feature that is normally called 'custom domain'). And once it's there, the page can be changed in absolutely incredible ways.
For instance, you can:
- Rebrand an Airtable base to show a different favicon and logo
- Add a language selection widget to a Trello board, and move it to the customer's domain
- Whitelabel an Adobe Spark page and add a custom social sharing button to the bottom
- Add a password protection page to a Notion doc
More customisation, more value
We think this is incredibly cool. We're constantly on the look out for new features we can offer to our customers to allow them to properly control the pages they make with third party platforms.
If you have an idea, no matter how crazy, of a way that you'd like to change a public page which you don't control, we'd love to hear from you.
Excited to break the barriers of what's possible with you!